STATUS | CLOSED
Posting Closed March 15, 2021
Sens.ai is a personal transformation technology company with the vision of making mental thriving accessible to everyone's every day. Our lead product is a neuro-wearable headset that helps people accelerate and assess the performance and wellness of their minds.
We are working with renowned scientists and clinicians to integrate a vast range of clinically-tested neuroscience programs utilizing our breakthrough technology in a consumer-friendly user experience. At Sens.ai we approach mental wellness with an open and curious mind, and back it up with biometric data and a science-based approach. We are privileged to bring a host of world-first capabilities to help individuals remove roadblocks and realize their aspirations.
We are in the process of building a world-class development team to work on our cutting-edge neurotechnology platform and are looking to add a motivated Full Stack Developer to help shape this team! This position will work collaboratively with the CTO, Product Owner, UX team, and development team.
We value flexibility, learning, innovation, risk-taking, and building code well. We will take a few extra days to build a feature right, rather than get it out the door and fix it later. A successful candidate will be an expert coder with strong technical design and communication skills.
We understand that neurotechnology may be new to you; that’s fine with us! We’ll provide a cheat sheet with all the acronyms you can handle. If you are interested in working with advanced wearables, biometrics, neurotechnology, big data, and artificial intelligence to accelerate personal growth, we would love to hear from you.
We are a remote team based around Vancouver, BC, Canada. Our home time zone is Pacific but we collaborate across mountains, plains and oceans. We use an arsenal of software tools to optimize productivity and flexibility for work and play. Our seasoned team will continue to expand as our user community grows. As an early team member, there will be an opportunity to progress into an expanded role.
- Collaborate with a distributed team to deliver and maintain Sens.ai’s neurotechnology platform including Serverless application, Android, iOS, web application.
- Execute feature development from implementation through to deployment.
- Work with the development team and Product Owner for sprint planning.
- Deliver high-quality code.
- Participate in team mentorship both formally (e.g. one on one support, code reviews) and informally.
- Bachelor's Degree in technical discipline preferably computer science or software development.
- Minimum 4+ years software development experience
- Knowledge of or proficient with Microservices, Serverless applications, AWS, Lambda Functions, DevOps, Automated Delivery Pipelines
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication, and collaboration skills.
- Clear communication is essential for this remote work position
- Familiarity with Agile Development
Benefits & Culture
- Personal Development - Our number 1 priority is striving for growth and personal transformation for ourselves and our community members. This is our north star and guides all of our activities. For our team members this includes providing flexible work hours, flexible vacation time and a personal development budget.
- Compassionate Communication - We value transparency, authenticity and accountability in our communications. We will offer and be open to constructive feedback. This goes hand in hand with personally striving to embody gratitude, compassion and forgiveness. This approach helps us overcome ego-centric concerns and builds cohesive and productive teams.
- Curiosity - We nurture curiosity, open-mindedness and wonder. We strive to always be learning, listening and questioning our own assumptions. This is how our team will stay ahead on the innovation curve. We know creativity and innovation require time and space. We give our team members time to do things well, not endless deadlines, and we encourage everyone to take a break when the work is done.
- Abundance - We approach our business with an abundance mentality. We focus on making the pie bigger, rather than competing for a slice. We apply this perspective with partners, competitors and team members. This includes providing performance bonuses to every team member.
- Tenacity - We are a team of self-driven individuals that love to dig into complex issues. We are obsessed with solving problems. We are motivated by tough challenges and get great gratification from delivering beyond expectations.